Peniche Surf Lodge
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This is clearly a good hostel run by a friendly and helpful couple, but it definitely depends on what you're looking for. When my girlfriend and I have been there the whole place was packed with travelers from all over the world. It really feels more like a house shared by mates as a hostel. So if you're interested in socializing this place is perfect. For us it felt a little tight: our room next to the living room, waiting for the shower, full kitchen sink, no toast on one morning, etc... ”
- 11 Oct 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ Best hostel ever! Actually it's not a hostel, but a surf lodge! :-) Claire and Duncan do everything to make your stay as good as possible: First they pick you up from the bus station, in the mornings they take you to the beach, give surf lessons, help you with any problems you have, recommend good restaurants AND even take you there - for sunsets :-)))! Wonderful atmosphere, marvellous view over Papoa Beach. I can only recommend it - and I'm looking forward to going back there as soon as I can! ”
- 14 Aug 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ More of an experience than just a hostel. The owners (Claire and Duncan) are the best. If you are looking for a good spot to have a good time, make new friends, enjoy the the surf or just relax, Peniche surf lodge is the place! Hope to return here next year! ”
- 18 Aug 2012 Marnix
- “ The place is by Far the best hostel i went to, you are right next to the beach . the host claire is amazing . surf spots all around the area. everything you could need, is at there very clean house. and it look new, so thats always a plus. full kitchen even BBQ's i had a great time, will tell everyone that goes to Peniche, to go to the Peniche Surf Lodge. Can't wait to go back. ”
- 31 May 2012 Anonymous