Pickled Parrot Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Favorite hostel I stayed in during my two weeks in NZ! ”
- 04 Nov 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ The good: Location is not bad, a short 10-15 minute walk to the main areas like the wharf. The hostel is quiet and not a party hostel, which is what we were looking for. Bathrooms were relatively clean. The bad: Wifi access would cut off whenever there were a lot of people. The manager did not give breakfast one morning because the kitchen was left untidy. Why punish me for the actions of another? Manager had four dogs with fleas, which bit up my legs and feet when they were around. ”
- 18 Jan 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The atmosphere and attentiveness of the staff was great. The room I had was clean, bed was really comfortable and the hostel overall was quite beautiful. Would definitely go back. ”
- 27 Nov 2014 Wendy Canada