Pineapple Park Kona
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Unfriendly staff. It's alright for one night, but not longer. There are rats/mouses behind the walls. ”
- 28 Dec 2014 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ Several mornings we woke to a thick cloud of noxious toxins; staff were cleaning with an array of awful smelling chemicals. To avoid worsening headaches we left the premises ASAP to avoid further exposure. The pull-out bed was janky and broken, difficult each night to set up. We should have realized there was a reason why they charge the full amount up front the first day without potential for refunds-- we would have gone elsewhere otherwise. ”
- 11 Sep 2014 Cheney USA
- “ Really nice hostel! Relaxed and friendly atmosphere, clean, great facilities and kind and helpful staff. The location is also perfect for almost every destination on the Kona side of Big Island. ”
- 01 Aug 2014 Anonymous Denmark
- “ We only stayed 2nights at this hostel and were out all day so can't comment on the atmosphere/facilities but were very pleased by the cleanliness of the room and by the fact that we have been graciously upgraded to a private room with ensuite bathroom when we mentioned that some friends stayed at this hostel before and recommended it. The lady also helped us book our snorkelling tour with manta rays which was very nice. Close to trail leading to Captain Cook's snorkelling site but need a car. ”
- 01 Jul 2014 antoine France
- “ great view on the ocean from the lovely veranda. ”
- 16 Jun 2014 Patricia Switzerland
“ You need own transport when you stay at this hostel. The owner is realy strict and not always friendly, the atmosphere is very nice as feels like a home ”
Aloha, thank you for the review and visit.
- 21 Apr 2014 Monique Netherlands
“ I had another outstanding visit to the Big Island & the stay at the "Pineapple" was as epic as always! It may seem a bit out of the way for some, but the privacy and location makes having an Aloha vacation come true:) ”
Aloha , Thank you for the review and visit.
- 25 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
“ Most facilities are outdoors. Overall not impressed with the kitchen and bathroom facilities. Breakfast definitely NOT provided at this Hostel.
Watch out for $7 late check-in fee! ”
Aloha,We offer Dorm style bunks as well as full private rooms. Also, there's also the choice of use of a community kitchen and shower facilities; open or private. We have several nice places to eat in this location. Thank you for the review and visit
- 28 Feb 2014 Anonymous Canada