Pineapple Park Kona
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I paid to reserve a room at Pineapple Park Kona, and I was specifically given the option of selecting my check-in time. My flight was scheduled to arrive at 9:45 pm, so I selected an arrival time of 11 pm on the Hostels.com website. I was able to make the deposit for the room. The next morning (day of my intended stay), I got an email saying the latest I could check in was 9 pm. I called to make sure, and I booked a room at another hostel. I got charged for staying at Pineapple for nothing! ”
- 12 Jul 2015 Sam USA
- “ Unfriendly staff. It's alright for one night, but not longer. There are rats/mouses behind the walls. ”
- 28 Dec 2014 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ Several mornings we woke to a thick cloud of noxious toxins; staff were cleaning with an array of awful smelling chemicals. To avoid worsening headaches we left the premises ASAP to avoid further exposure. The pull-out bed was janky and broken, difficult each night to set up. We should have realized there was a reason why they charge the full amount up front the first day without potential for refunds-- we would have gone elsewhere otherwise. ”
- 11 Sep 2014 Cheney USA
- “ Really nice hostel! Relaxed and friendly atmosphere, clean, great facilities and kind and helpful staff. The location is also perfect for almost every destination on the Kona side of Big Island. ”
- 01 Aug 2014 Anonymous Denmark