Point Break Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Far from Christchurch centre, but maybe I should've checked location better before booking. ”
- 06 Jul 2015 Anonymous
- “ Only two shower for the hostel and not really clean Expensive for a backpaker and for the facilities proposed ”
- 16 Mar 2015 Clement
- “ Kitchen too little for all the peoples. The hostel is really far away to the cbd. ”
- 14 Mar 2015 Benjamin Chile
- “ I wish I had done more research before booking this place. The kitchen was a disorganized, sticky disaster. The top to the shower stall in my dorm bathroom was LITERALLY duct taped on. Unpatched wall holes throughout. Dark. Dingy. They don't mention the 35 minute bus ride from city center to get to the hostel: WORTH BEING UP FRONT ABOUT. I get that the city had an earthquake but that was years ago and is absolutely no excuse for the state of this place. ”
- 11 Mar 2015 Mallory USA
- “ This hostel is a flop house. The building has good bones but this hostel is the is the broken window theory. No one cares to improve it. The hall way to bathroom smells really bad and the kitchen is just sticky and dirty on ever surface. The bathroom is dingy and dirty. All the plastic hooks are broken too. You could do a lot to improve this place but I doubt you ever will. ”
- 04 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Very very far away from the city (50 min by bus) but close to the pier. Friendly staff, rooms are not comfortable at all, you don't to stay there more than one night, kitchen ok and clean. But I'm sure there are better hostels in Christchurch! ”
- 25 Feb 2015 Anonymous Germany