Point Break Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Kitchen too little for all the peoples. The hostel is really far away to the cbd. ”
- 14 Mar 2015 Benjamin Chile
- “ I wish I had done more research before booking this place. The kitchen was a disorganized, sticky disaster. The top to the shower stall in my dorm bathroom was LITERALLY duct taped on. Unpatched wall holes throughout. Dark. Dingy. They don't mention the 35 minute bus ride from city center to get to the hostel: WORTH BEING UP FRONT ABOUT. I get that the city had an earthquake but that was years ago and is absolutely no excuse for the state of this place. ”
- 11 Mar 2015 Mallory USA
- “ This hostel is a flop house. The building has good bones but this hostel is the is the broken window theory. No one cares to improve it. The hall way to bathroom smells really bad and the kitchen is just sticky and dirty on ever surface. The bathroom is dingy and dirty. All the plastic hooks are broken too. You could do a lot to improve this place but I doubt you ever will. ”
- 04 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Nice hostel close to the beach:) ”
- 02 Jan 2015 Stefan Germany
- “ The staff and the other people who stayed in the hostel were really nice. But the cleanliness was really bad, the kitchen smelled and it was dirty, the bathrooms was disgusting with hair and dirt inte the shower and the sinks. And the hostel had over used the air-freshners to cover up the real smell. Not worth the money because of the bad location, 40 min by bus to city. ”
- 30 Dec 2014 Johanna Sweden
- “ Never go to this hotel. Very very very dirty.probably the worst hostel Ive ever stayed.weird people.distgusting kitchen with no equipment.no spoons at all.i will not recomanded at all. ”
- 22 Aug 2014 Eva Slovakia