Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very friendly staff, lovely house and location, and comfortable bunk beds that don't squeek! ”
- 29 Sep 2015 Anonymous France
- “ Can't complain one bit! Great location and staff. I would highly recommend to every traveller. ”
- 24 Sep 2015 Abigail USA
- “ Very cozy hostel and homely. Easy to make friends. Very helpfull and friendly staff. Nice large kitchen and cost lounge room with warm fire. ”
- 08 Jul 2015 alex England
- “ Ponsonby Backpackers is very well situated : near Ponsonby Road (lots of restaurants and bars) and in walking distance of the City Center (15-20 min from Sky Tower and Queen St). There's a supermarket at the bottom of the street wich is convenient. The hostel is clean (the bathrooms are well cleaned every nights). The terrace is nice. One negative point, the kitchen is little and can be crowded at meal hours. ”
- 25 Jun 2015 Anonymous France
- “ Great hostel. Very clean, located in one of the best areas in Auckland and very friendly staff. I definitely recommend. ”
- 08 Jun 2015 Alline New Zealand
- “ I stayed only two nights there but immediately fell in love with the hostel. The atmosphere is great, not a huge party hostel, great people are staying there. The building is lovely, old villa with cosy living area, garden, a fully equipped kitchen, very comfortable beds in the rooms, lockers. The bathrooms are a bit small. Staff is super helpful and friendly. The neighborhood is good, some bars/cafes/shops around and in about 15 min you get to the city center (walking). Would definitely stay ag ”
- 10 Feb 2015 Anonymous Germany
- “ Our favourite hostel in all of New Zealand :D Located in the very charming Ponsonby area, with excellent bus connections to the city centre. Brilliant common areas, especially the garden area where we had alot of nice chats with other guests. Helpful staff and SO clean - not many hostels clean behind the fridge daily. ”
- 05 Jan 2015 Jeppe Denmark
- “ I have stayed here twice now and both times I've had excellent service. It's a very central location n easy to get around with the friendliest staff. It also attracts lovely ppl. I've stayed in both a single room (my preference ) and a five bed female dorm; I can't recommend it highly enough. ”
- 17 Dec 2014 Ruthie
“ I would easily stay here again! ”
Thanks for the great comment, Enjoy and Nz see you soon!
- 23 Nov 2014 Anonymous