Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ A really nice place. Has everything you need and the location is super! Would recommend this place except the issue of the internet. You have to pay for it with a hourly or daily deal but it is very! slow. I wonder why they can't manage this when you even have to pay for internet in recent times (that I really do not understand, btw) and nontheless you hardy can skype! ”
- 27 Sep 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ The first of 15 hostels I used for my recent trip around the world, Ponsonby was the most typical. It was smaller than most, but very cozy. The staff was friendly. The place was kept very clean. My only complaint would be the incredibly small showers for men. The people I met here were very friendly, and went out sometimes as a group. One even drove me to the train at 6am when it was time for me to move on. ”
- 11 Jun 2014 Nathaniel USA
- “ The lady at the front desk was extremely friendly and welcoming. She was much more interested in making us feel at home than collecting fees. The room was clean and neat. ”
- 17 Feb 2014 Martha USA
“ We had the double room inside the courtyard and found it really poorly ventilated with super inconvenient outlet access. ”
Hi Aaron, Sorry you felt this way in regards to the twin cabin. Most people enjoy the quirkiness of having a separate accommodation not linked to the main house, so we are sorry to find you felt this was a negative. We hope you enjoy NZ and will consider a stay with us again on your next trip to Auckland. Cheers, The Ponsonby Backpackers Team
- 08 Jan 2014 Aaron USA