Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed only two nights there but immediately fell in love with the hostel. The atmosphere is great, not a huge party hostel, great people are staying there. The building is lovely, old villa with cosy living area, garden, a fully equipped kitchen, very comfortable beds in the rooms, lockers. The bathrooms are a bit small. Staff is super helpful and friendly. The neighborhood is good, some bars/cafes/shops around and in about 15 min you get to the city center (walking). Would definitely stay ag ”
- 10 Feb 2015 Anonymous Germany
- “ I have stayed here twice now and both times I've had excellent service. It's a very central location n easy to get around with the friendliest staff. It also attracts lovely ppl. I've stayed in both a single room (my preference ) and a five bed female dorm; I can't recommend it highly enough. ”
- 17 Dec 2014 Ruthie
“ I would easily stay here again! ”
Thanks for the great comment, Enjoy and Nz see you soon!
- 23 Nov 2014 Anonymous
“ A really nice place. Has everything you need and the location is super!
Would recommend this place except the issue of the internet. You have to pay for it with a hourly or daily deal but it is very! slow. I wonder why they can't manage this when you even have to pay for internet in recent times (that I really do not understand, btw) and nontheless you hardy can skype! ”
Thanks for taking time to leave us a review, We have since had a new provider due to customer feedback. So next time you are in Auckland please look us up, as you will notice a big change.
- 27 Sep 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ The first of 15 hostels I used for my recent trip around the world, Ponsonby was the most typical. It was smaller than most, but very cozy. The staff was friendly. The place was kept very clean. My only complaint would be the incredibly small showers for men. The people I met here were very friendly, and went out sometimes as a group. One even drove me to the train at 6am when it was time for me to move on. ”
- 11 Jun 2014 Nathaniel USA