Portree Hostel - Waterford City
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ One of the staff (irish) seemed to be in a panic to get me and my girlfriend out of the guest house after the checkout time, despite our explaining that it was raining heavily and our bus was not for another 30 mins or so. Scolded us for being untidy too, when all it was our jackets laying on the sofa opposite where we were sitting at the time. The main staff member who checked us in very friendly and willing to chat while we in the guest lounge on the day previous. ”
- 01 Mar 2014 William Ireland
- “ All good, except the rooms were very very cold, no heat whatsoever. Everybody was complaining in the morning, people who shared other rooms too. So if you go there make sure you bring a sleeping bag just in case. ”
- 09 Nov 2013 dan Ireland
- “ Upon arrival, both staff members were short, cold and quite obvious about the fact they didn't want to be there. Before they greeted me in any form, they made me pay in awkward silence. The lady then proceeded to go through a list of rules, which were also posted on multiple pieces of paper on every since wall. They didn't turn the heat on at all and the bedroom was freezing (I visited early April). I ended up sleeping on the couch in the kitchen as it was warmer. ”
- 12 Apr 2013 Anonymous Canada