Posada los Mapaches
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Even though the location was not the best, the service and atmosphere totally overweight the bad location - it was worth it. It felt like we stayed in a tree cottage and we loved it. Chelo and her sons were the best; they helped us out with good tips where to go and WHEN to go, and Chelo also made the most delicious breakfast ever every morning! It's a quiet place good for couples, so I wouldn't go there for partying. We had a great time! ”
- 23 Jul 2014 Alexandra Sweden
- “ Food amazing, bicycles handy, walking distance to beach (unlike downtown), staff were friendly and helpful far beyond expectation. Very close attention to detail in keeping their guesthouse consistent, clean, and guests cared for. Excellent for couples, good chill out areas for night time socializing too. Proximity to highway not for the lightest sleepers, but the speed-bump just outside makes for great entertainment value (and a safe spot to cross with bikes)! ”
- 01 Mar 2014 Roger Canada
- “ Lovely hostel that is run by the nicest family! Bike rental is included in your rate as well as an AMAZING breakfast. The place has a nice feel to it and even though it is on the main highway you feel like you are in the jungle. That said, the location is not quite ideal though as you can hear the occasional car or truck driving past at night which could be a problem for light sleepers. It is also a little bit of a cycle to get into town but in Tulum there is no reason to rush anywhere! ”
- 21 Oct 2013 Anonymous South Africa