Posada los Mapaches
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Best Breakfast ever. We loved this hostel, the rustic feel, the fact that Chelo is an amazing host and really cares about the people who stay there. She gives a ton of information on where to go, what to eat and what to see. Very informative. Loved the fact that there were animals on the property. ”
- 15 Feb 2015 Jennifer South Africa
- “ I loved this hostel! Chelo lives there, and she is a lovely, sweet older woman to treats her guests like her own children. She makes a huge plate of food for breakfast for everyone, and its really good! You will like it a lot! As for location, its directly in front of the ruins. She gives you a bicycle for free for your use during your stay. The bad, its right in front of a massive speed bump that you cant see, so there are always cars and trucks slamming into it. I recommend bringing ear plugs. ”
- 27 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ We had a wonderful stay with Chelo! She was so welcoming and made us feel right at home. And such a delicious breakfast to look forward to each day! Thanks Chelo for a wonderful stay at your beautiful home! ”
- 07 Sep 2014 Margaret Australia
- “ Even though the location was not the best, the service and atmosphere totally overweight the bad location - it was worth it. It felt like we stayed in a tree cottage and we loved it. Chelo and her sons were the best; they helped us out with good tips where to go and WHEN to go, and Chelo also made the most delicious breakfast ever every morning! It's a quiet place good for couples, so I wouldn't go there for partying. We had a great time! ”
- 23 Jul 2014 Alexandra Sweden
- “ Food amazing, bicycles handy, walking distance to beach (unlike downtown), staff were friendly and helpful far beyond expectation. Very close attention to detail in keeping their guesthouse consistent, clean, and guests cared for. Excellent for couples, good chill out areas for night time socializing too. Proximity to highway not for the lightest sleepers, but the speed-bump just outside makes for great entertainment value (and a safe spot to cross with bikes)! ”
- 01 Mar 2014 Roger Canada