Prince Of Wales
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed in the 22-bed dormitory. The room is separated into four areas: a sitting area and three sleeping areas. A good amount of privacy for what it was. Keep in mind, the hostel is atop a pub, so this place is an especially great stay if you like to get your drink on. Short (less than five minute) walk to MRT station through Little India, with lots of great food options. And the mascot, Jessica, is a real sweetheart who knows she owns the place. ”
- 02 Jan 2012 Sonny
- “ The bar downstairs is great, with affordable beer and food, and even if you are planning to go to bed early it will very unlikely disturb you. However, there are no keys and it is very easy for anyone to enter the dorm. Great character and fun! Recommended. ”
- 17 Oct 2011 Leonhard
- “ Prince of Wales is really a backpacker place. You should only stay there if you are in for social stuff, drinking and having fun. Not just because it's located nicely and cheap. There were some problems with the WIFI, but there are two available computers so it wasn't much of a problem. The personel is nice, but one should be aware that there is live music almost every night and loud partying during the weekend. ”
- 02 Aug 2011 Morten
- “ Really unfriendly staff who are not service minded at all.I was took a seat in their bar to get something to eat and drink.They were like 3 people working and the bar was quite empty but noone came so we could order.I got up and went to the bar and they just let me stand there without serving me, so I left.I don't have to give them my money,they should know that.Breakfast is included,but you can't get more than 2 pics of white bread a I was toasting 4 pics (2 for a friend). The staff got angry ”
- 01 Aug 2011 Sven Martin
- “ Still have to find a great & affordable hostel in Singapore, but the POW comes the closest to that so far. Negatives: The dorm is too big for my taste (the hostel is really just one room with dozens of beds in it) and wifi didn't work for most of my admittedly short stay. Positives: It is nice to have a bar downstairs and the bar staff was nice. The value is ok considering that Singapore is kind of expensive. By lack of alternatives: recommended! ”
- 06 Apr 2011 Tim