PubLove @ The Great Eastern, Greenwich
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel was in a very good position, not very far from the tube station. The service was very good and the employs very professional (A+). Some minor things to change , like the furniture and some minor things needed , like places to recharge the battery phone inside the rooms. ”
- 11 Jan 2015 Anonymous Italy
- “ Very conveniently located near DLR Station and easy to find. Amazing large common room with comfy couches. Breakfast is included but unimpressive: sugary cereals and white bread. Not good if you're allergic to gluten (please include some fruit!). I was in a 15 bed dorm and the triple bunks were terrifying. The top bunk was about 7 feet off the ground with no railings and it swayed. I have stayed in triple bunks before and never felt so unsafe. The showers flood and some of them don't work. ”
- 02 Jan 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Uh, I just gotta say. A pub advertising real ales that has only one on tap, and runs out of it and stays out of it for days? Add to that showers that swamp the floor and are cold unless you take your shower at unusual hours. Plus, I had two reservations for four consecutive days. I had this situation at two hostels this trip. Great Eastern made me move out for the day and move back in that night. The other hostel didn't. Plus, no kitchen of any kind, no laundry. The staff did their best. ”
- 16 Sep 2014 Erin USA
- “ very close to Greenwich (which is a bonus) and a good basis to explore the Eastern parts of London. Nice bar. ”
- 21 Aug 2014 Ursula Germany
- “ I was a bit concerned that a lot of people seemed to be living there, not just staying there. I tend to come back often to change or grab items, and the same people were in the same spots in the lobby throughout the day. The location was very convenient for the DLR though, and overall I enjoyed my stay. ”
- 15 Mar 2014 Shane USA