PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ All facilities were old and there is no curtain, light in bed. That is the reason why it's cost is cheap. ”
- 18 Oct 2015 Anonymous South Korea
- “ The door did not lock, so even though we had codes for the door, it was basically open to everyone. Second, there was no light in the shower. Third, the water from the sink really needed a plumber because it spilled all over the floor, and fourth the toilet was really dirty. Cheap, but still not worth the money. Went to another hostell the day after. ”
- 28 Sep 2015 Mari-Marthe Norway
- “ shower system was bad. that was too hot water. and dust.. on bottom of bad plz.. keep clean ”
- 25 Aug 2015 Anonymous South Korea
- “ I was there only for a night, so I might've missed something... But to my understanding, you had to walk though the pub downstairs to get to the hostel. There were only two toilets and adjacent shower rooms. The openings to them had no doors (the toilet/shower stalls had doors, of course), so didn't feel private and nice at all. Wouldn't stay there again, since there must be many other places with better facilities at the same price in London. The location was fine, though, near the Tube. ”
- 15 Jul 2015 Saila Finland
- “ Stayed in a 12 bed mixed dorm. It had a very mixed scene. The most horrible bathrooms, one useable toilet the other you could not go in, showered in the dark because the light was broken. There was good water heat. There is a lot of same sized dorm hostels with much newer and cleaner facilities. Location was awesome. The pub attached was ridiculously overpriced. Staff were helpful but you would need to be in a place so bad. Was the most expensive hostel I've stayed in and definitely not the best ”
- 24 Jun 2015 Gabrielle Australia
- “ The location is not the best. It is close to things, but the area seemed not very safe, and for two 21 year old girls who'd never been in London before, that wasn't ideal. However, the facilities were decent (pretty good for the price), it was clean, and the staff were friendly. ”
- 13 Jun 2015 Sarah USA