PubLove @ The Steam Engine, Waterloo
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed at the Steam Engine while working nearby, it was clean and well maintained with decent showers and comfy beds. It's not the liveliest hostel but is great if you need somewhere to stay where you have a chance of getting a good nights sleep (never guaranteed in a hostel because it depends on the other guests). I must mention the staff, Sunny, Dani, Daniel + Julieta, who were really welcoming and an asset to the place, as well as being able to recommend places to visit nearby. I'll be back ”
- 22 Sep 2014 Anonymous Wales
- “ Absolutely recommend! It is close to the sights, in a great area where I felt completely safe by myself, the staff are wonderful. Breakfast is decent enough with cereals and toast. The only downside is not enough showers, but for the price definitely worth it! ”
- 29 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Beds are a little uncomfortable. I could feel the springs in the mattress. One of the showers was out of order for 2 days. Besides that, really nice. ”
- 22 Aug 2014 Anonymous France
- “ The hostle is good located, very close to the tube and more or less 10 min walking to the London Eye. It has a nice and friendly staff, Daniel is a nice and helpfull, he gave me some tips for trying some new beers. It also serves breakfast and you can order food in the bar at night, they have an special burger some days. ”
- 21 Aug 2014 Isadora Brazil
- “ A great place to stay, staff was friendly, had a decent bar and free breakfast (cereal, toast and coffee). I left my bag in the room when I went out and took comfort that the room was locked, there were also lockers I which you could store small items, need your own lock. I would stay there again and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good place to stay. ”
- 22 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA