PubLove @ The White Ferry, Victoria
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We just needed a place to sleep and this was great. We are in our 30's so it was fun going to this hostel and enjoying the hostel atmosphere again. There wasn't much space for large backpacks and nowhere to allow clothing to dry out a bit, but the beds were very comfortable. I hardly noticed that they were 3 beds high (it actually gives us some bragging rights on it back at home!). I wish we had more time to stay other than the one night. ”
- 01 Aug 2016 Carina & Anthony Canada
- “ Rooms were extremely crowded, with three-bed bunks instead of the standard two, and hardly any space to even stand around in. Bathrooms are unisex and could stand to be a little cleaner. However, I really liked the pub downstairs, the atmosphere was very pleasant, and the staff were friendly and helpful. ”
- 20 Oct 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ You get what you pay for. The 24 bed dorm is pretty awful - triple bunks, most lockers don't work, noisy. You have no idea who else is in there and this made me feel unsafe. Bathroom is disgusting with mouldy rubbish behind random doors stinking out the place, poor drainage leading to flooding, and only 5 showers for about 70 beds (when we were there only 2 worked). Positives -central location, close to Victoria coach stop, breakfast isn't bad. The guy who checked us in tried to charge us double ”
- 23 Sep 2015 Anonymous New Zealand
- “ Stayed one night in this hostel. I chose it because of its price relative to its location. Accidentally booked the Saturday night but the staff found me a bed when I showed up a day earlier than they had planned, which I totally appreciate. That said, the three high bunk beds felt a little flimsy, with some of the slats supporting the beds actually popping out. There was standing water in the shower I used. The code lock on the doors to the bedrooms was a nice safety feature. ”
- 19 Sep 2015 Laura USA
- “ The location (very close to Victoria Station and Coach Station and in walking distance of Buckingham Palace) is perfect! The place also looks nice and has a cozy bar. Breakfast is included, too. The only thing I really didn't like is that the bunk beds in the 24-bed room had three ranks. Climbing up there is quite difficult. So if you have trouble climbing or are really afraid of heights, make sure to tell them in advance! ”
- 06 Sep 2015 Nina Germany