Puma Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This is not a hostel, it is a guesthouse. If you like to meet new people, do not go there as you will probably be the only customer. The couple who owns it is nice, but VERY pushy to sell you tours on the lake. It is annoying. The place is also FREEZING ! It was warmer outside than inside. ”
- 16 Jun 2014 Marie-Soleil Canada
- “ Stayed here 3 nights in late March. Owned by extremely friendly family; very helpful, booked a few tours for us which were competitively priced. A 10 minute walk from the center of town & we felt safe walking and if late, it's just a 4 soles taxi ride. Breakfast is pancakes & bread, but since I don't eat wheat they gave me eggs. Kitchen is available for use anytime. Bathrooms are pretty clean for Peru and showers were HOT. Super cheap, beds are comfy, we had a 6 person dorm to ourselves. ”
- 30 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Staff was VERY helpfull with me. More than jam and bread, you get a pancake for breakfast (pretty rare!). Clean rooms. The only bad thing is that it's quite far away from the center at the top of a hill. Not a lot of bathrooms. ”
- 08 Mar 2013 Anonymous Canada