Red Lantern House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very, very friendly and helpful staff. I lost my luggage and they sat on the phone for me every day for a week, trying to help me out. I am really grateful for all their help! ”
- 15 Jun 2015 Anonymous Norway
- “ The West Yard hostel extension is in a secure area, but the hutong's alleyways are not well-lit, especially the one that connects to the main road Xinjiekuo. At night, walking back to the hostel from subway stations, Xinjiekuo or Ping'Anli, the ten-minute or so walk may well be in ill-lit surroundings, when shops have closed. It was daunting, at first, though I got used to it after my first night. The reason for the GOOD rating instead of Excellent. Kudos to Mrs. Lindy Guo and staff. Xie xie. ”
- 23 Mar 2015 Anonymous
- “ Amazing little place, and what really made the experience better was the staff. Very attentive. Metro station super close and very central ”
- 05 Mar 2015 Favio USA
- “ I was injured and had to stay longer than expected. The staff were wonderful and worked to ensure I have always had a bed. ”
- 17 Aug 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ Very cute ambiance - the lobby is full of fish! It can be a little bit tough to find if you're new to China, but the wifi works well and the staff is pretty helpful. I do wish there were a little more privacy in the dorm beds (they have no curtains) but I had a pleasant stay. ”
- 26 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Pros : - Close to the subway (5/10 minutes by walk), in a nice hutong. - Airport pickup available - Room et hostel are clean - Very good breakfast (28 rmb) - Nice staff - Cosy and nice common room Cons : - The doors of the showers can't be locked - Staff's english level is average ”
- 20 Jul 2014 Anonymous France