Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I only went during May, but it was really hot and stuffy in there! ”
- 14 May 2013 Mary Canada
- “ This hostel has so much character and we enjoyed our stay here very much.The staff were very helpful and spoke decent english. The beds were comfortable and clean. It was in a quiet and charming area of Asakusa. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here! ”
- 28 Dec 2012 Anonymous USA
- “ the retrometro backpackers was small, but cozy. there's one nearest subway station called tawaramachi though it 's 10-15 mnts walking distance to ueno station. and their 300 yen 's breakfast was good enough to try. it felt like home made simple japanese meal which i liked very much. ”
- 02 Dec 2012 Hyojung
- “ i loved my stay at this hostel, just a short walk from the famed asakusa market, and a short train ride from many places ”
- 29 Jun 2012 Geoffrey