Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The staff was very helpful and responded to my emails very promptly! ”
- 06 Jul 2014 Jessica USA
- “ Really well kept and in a fantastic location. Great value for Tokyo and far better than other hostels in the area. However its run very strictly and I guess this is why its kept so nice. Good be a bit more welcoming and relaxed. ”
- 01 Jun 2014 Marc England
- “ Stayed during the weekend of Sanja Matsuri, so it was very convenient to get to Nakamise and Sensoji Temple from the hostel. Staff was courteous and atmosphere was serene and laid-back. As for the facilities, the stairs to the rooms are somewhat steep and narrow, so it's a bit of struggle if you have large heavy luggage. Also, it can get pretty stuffy in the room during warm weather. The air conditioner isn't very strong. Definitely try the breakfast--delicious, filling, and only 300 yen! ”
- 16 May 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Would be better if hostel was more social or had events down stairs that everyone could participate in or talk about - other than that hostel enoviotment was good - more bathroom facilities would be better too ! Had an amazing time anyways - thank you ”
- 15 May 2014 Demi Australia
- “ The Retrometro Backpackers, located in Asakusa, is a very small, but lovely hostel. It is perfectly located, if you arrive at Narita Airport, since it is just a ten minute walk from Ueno Station and a 5 minute walk from Asakusa Station (direct trains to Narita Airport). ”
- 11 May 2014 Sven Germany
- “ It was a great place with really nice staff. The location was convenient as well, since it's connected to the city centre via an approximately 30min tube ride. The facilities were great as well. I was pleasantly surprised how nice the place and the people are. ”
- 19 Mar 2014 Sarka Czech Republic