Reykjavik City HI Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The kitchen on the first floor (we were in Room. 56) could do with more mugs and another kettle but other then that no complaints. ”
- 03 Nov 2017 Jackie England
- “ Overall, I will not stay at this hostel again. It was very loud because there were a bunch of pre-teens running around without supervision. The location was 3K away from city center, which was a 45 min walk, or a €4 bus ride. The exit doors were just left wide open, and it was freezing in the hallways. Also, no lockers, so the only secure option for you belongings was to lock them in a storage closet in the basement. Also, €7 for one load of wash in the machine. Poor value all around. ”
- 08 Oct 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ Staying at the campsite is a great option for people who are hiking. It is nice that you can leave gear behind at the campsite, as well as use what other people have left. The bath next door is a great option for a relaxing day after getting back from multi-day hiking. ”
- 28 Jul 2017 Karl Norway
- “ About 30 mins walking to city center but bus station just outside the hostel. I stayed in 6 female dorm and the room is big. Hostel with kitchen and laundry facility which was convenient. Friendly stuff helped me to book tours which was great. ”
- 21 Jan 2017 Anonymous Taiwan