Reykjavik City Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel is about a 45 minute walk from the City Centre so it isn't convenient. However, it has a kitchen you can store and cook your food. The bathrooms are clean and have paper towels. You need to bring your own blanket or sleeping bag for the rooms. There isn't an outlet to charge your phone for every bed in the Mixed Dorm though. ”
- 27 Aug 2015 Christine Canada
- “ The staff was very welcoming and offered to help with any request; the facilities were spotless and even offered free shampoo and soap; the room was very clean and inviting; and the kitchen was also clean and had some snacks that were free for anyone. My favorite thing about the hostel was its environment-friendly attitude, and that the atmosphere was inviting and relaxing. The only negative is the location, but there's plenty to do, even though going into city centre is a bit of a walk. ”
- 03 Aug 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Very pleasant, relax and clean. I recommend you this hostel. ”
- 13 Jun 2015 Elise France
- “ We had a great time at Reykjavik City Hostel. It is outside the city center which was actually quite lovely since it was fairly quiet. It is also a short walk from the shore which had gorgeous views. Right next door is one of the best pools in the city which we loved. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and very secure. I loved how you needed a key card to get into your wing and then again to your room. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the grounds were lovely and spacious. Def recommend! ”
- 28 Apr 2015 Mary USA
- “ The hostel was quite a traditional youth hostel, not like a lot of modern hostels you see around the bigger cities in Europe and North America nowadays. It was ok clean and fine, but no frills. My matress had a plastic cover, which made it less cozy. There was some minor garbage left in my (empty room) from previous guests. Toilets and bathrooms were on different floors than my roo. There was free luggage storage, but it was in the basement and luggage had to be dragged down a spiral staircase. ”
- 02 Sep 2014 Anonymous Austria