Reykjavik City Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Stuff gets stolen ”
- 02 Jul 2016 David Abel Mexico
- “ I really enjoyed staying Here. It was comfortable clean they gave a great breakfast for a small price and the staff was very helpful. It is a little bit out of the main city centre but there is a bus that runs directly right across the street lines 12 and 14. ”
- 07 Jun 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ I asked one of the staff for a recommendation on where to drive if I had one day and it was spot on! The other of the staff I spoke with thought I was dumb for not being able to see a kitchen, because it is located outside. The rental fee for the duvet is pricey ”
- 04 Jun 2016 Megan USA
- “ If you're looking for a party hostel, this isn't it. But if you're looking for a comfortable, warm, clean, laid back place to collect yourself after a flight or a trip around the island, this IS the place. ”
- 19 Sep 2015 Maya
- “ This hostel is about a 45 minute walk from the City Centre so it isn't convenient. However, it has a kitchen you can store and cook your food. The bathrooms are clean and have paper towels. You need to bring your own blanket or sleeping bag for the rooms. There isn't an outlet to charge your phone for every bed in the Mixed Dorm though. ”
- 27 Aug 2015 Christine Canada
- “ The staff was very welcoming and offered to help with any request; the facilities were spotless and even offered free shampoo and soap; the room was very clean and inviting; and the kitchen was also clean and had some snacks that were free for anyone. My favorite thing about the hostel was its environment-friendly attitude, and that the atmosphere was inviting and relaxing. The only negative is the location, but there's plenty to do, even though going into city centre is a bit of a walk. ”
- 03 Aug 2015 Anonymous USA