Reykjavik Downtown HI Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very cool guy at the reception with a great taste in Music, I have a Downtown Hostel Playlist now. Thanks for having me, it was a very nice stay. But pretty expensive. ”
- 13 Jul 2017 Luise Germany
- “ Great hostel! The 10 person room has dividers between bunk beds to it feels much smaller. Lockers in-room and a HUGE bathroom. Friendly staff - you can buy tickets to the airport from reception! I skipped the expensive breakfast they had for $4 skyr (yogurt) that they sold. Also, a great location - close to the wharf and the main street. ”
- 22 Jun 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ I loved staying at this hostel. I booked the 10-bed female dorm, and even with a full room there was plenty of space for everyone. The lockers were large, the linen for the bed was clean and comfortable. It's a very secure entrance, I think you had three separate key checkpoints before you got into your room, which I appreciated. There's a kitchen in the back where you could keep food. The staff was friendly and helpful with finding stores or restaurants and the place was always clean. ”
- 29 Dec 2016 Bethanie USA
- “ The hostel was fine- i was disappointed by the lack of activities for guests (pub crawls etc) so it was difficult to meet other travelers. Our first day one of the hostel staff came into our reserved room and asked if we could add an extra person to the room, which would require us to change beds. There was no offer to reduce the price of the room or accommodate us. This was done in front of the additional guests, making for an uncomfortable situation for all. I found this unprofessional. ”
- 06 Oct 2016 Paula USA