Reykjavik Downtown Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel was fine- i was disappointed by the lack of activities for guests (pub crawls etc) so it was difficult to meet other travelers. Our first day one of the hostel staff came into our reserved room and asked if we could add an extra person to the room, which would require us to change beds. There was no offer to reduce the price of the room or accommodate us. This was done in front of the additional guests, making for an uncomfortable situation for all. I found this unprofessional. ”
- 06 Oct 2016 Paula USA
- “ Excellent location; people are friendlier than what I saw in two other hostels I stayed at in Reykjavik. Not sure if it was a people-thing or a hostel-factor. All in all, good value for money. ”
- 16 Sep 2016 Ashish India
- “ It's an environmentally friendly place, which I liked. It's a sizeable property and the rooms are spacious for 8 beds and lockers, provided a light for each bed, and it was very safe. It's walking distance to everything and the front desk makes it easy to learn more about tourist attractions. While clean, the shower had mildew The constant hot water was excellent. It was difficult to rest with so many people. I wish they'd had curtains for the beds to muffle light and sound. Overall comfort. ”
- 01 Sep 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Great location close to the Old Harbour and square with restaurants/cafes/pubs. Everything is within walking distance. ”
- 21 Aug 2016 Ashley Canada
- “ Great double with private bathroom. The shower was huge with a great rainfall shower head. The room was surprisingly big and had a desk. The kitchen was great for storing food the night before we had to pack meals for a day tour. The staff was super friendly, helpful, and answered all our tourist questions. The location is great- about 2 minute walk from all the restaurants and shops but just far enough away to be away from the noise. Beds are a little too hard to be comfortable. ”
- 21 Jun 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Extremely clean. Stayed in dorm one night and private room another. Private room had a beautiful view and was definitely worth the extra money. ”
- 19 Mar 2016 Anonymous USA