Reykjavik Downtown Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel and my room were spotless. The staff was very kind to me in providing me with a lower bed. They treated me very well and was very helpful with my needs and questions. I stayed there before and plan to stay there again on my next trip to Iceland. ”
- 21 Sep 2014 Norman USA
- “ Nice hostel. The staff was really nice and the bathrooms were clean. Breakfast seemed pricey at first but is comparable to the rest of the city. ”
- 06 Jun 2014 Christopher USA
- “ Very near to the Old harbor, from the BSI central bus stop it took 15-20 minutes walk. Also you can book all the possible tours Golden Circle, Whale watching, Blue Lagoon as well as Airport shuttle from here, which made our life quite easier there. Nice place. ”
- 06 Jun 2014 Anonymous India
- “ The hostel was well located, and central to everything that I wanted to see - so I could walk all over the city! For trips out into the countryside, or shuttles to and from the airport, there is pick-up at the door to the hostel. The place was clean, and spacious. Each bunk appears to have it's own reading light, which I though was very nice, and it also appeared that each bunch might have it's own outlets - let's face it, everyone needs to recharge their devices these days! STAFF was tops! ”
- 30 May 2014 Valerie USA
- “ Nice clean place to stay ”
- 15 Apr 2014 Elisabeth Canada
- “ Stop reading this and book this hostel! Downtown Hostel Reykjavik is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Amazing location right in the center of everything, comfy beds and great showers, HUGE rooms, but here's what really sets them apart: a staff that was truly invested and enthusiastic about me having an incredible Iceland experience. At least 4 different people helped me plan a wonderful trip, answered all my questions, called on my behalf and gave me informed, fitting advice. ”
- 19 Jan 2014 Anonymous USA