Reykjavik Downtown Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Stop reading this and book this hostel! Downtown Hostel Reykjavik is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Amazing location right in the center of everything, comfy beds and great showers, HUGE rooms, but here's what really sets them apart: a staff that was truly invested and enthusiastic about me having an incredible Iceland experience. At least 4 different people helped me plan a wonderful trip, answered all my questions, called on my behalf and gave me informed, fitting advice. ”
- 19 Jan 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Very friendly and helpful staff. Room (10 bed dorm) was surprisingly spacious, nice and bright, and the ensuite bathroom thing worked well. It was quiet and, I think, a fine choice if you need a good night's sleep. The breakfast was fine, but there's also a very cozy kitchen house and supermarkets fairly nearby. ”
- 13 Jun 2013 Liv Denmark
- “ This hostel gets high ratings because yes guests feel safe & it's clean & staff was helpful & kind.It was dissapointing they don't do anything beyond that to ensure guests are having fun.No group activities.chill area was always so quiet.The guest house in the back was not helpful either for socializing.1 shower/toilet for 10 people was hard.Only 1 washer and dryer was also a challenge.Room was too cold.Hostel was just a few blocks too many east away from livlier streets.Even so, I miss Iceland! ”
- 29 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ You have to pay for linens and breakfast but other than that, hostel was great. ”
- 27 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Absolutely amazing! Stayed for nearly two weeks, got all kinds of help, and met all sorts of interesting people to hang out with. This hostel is one of the safest, cleanest, and friendliest places I've ever stayed at. If I'm ever in Iceland again, this is where I'm staying. ”
- 19 May 2013 Nathaniel USA