Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This used to be my top choice when in Shanghai because of the lovely premises and great atmosphere. But this time round, the toilet on the 4th floor where the female dorm is, is full of cigarette smoke, which also fills hallways and even getting some in the room as well. This is seriously setting me back from considering coming back next time ... hope the hostel could rectify this and enforce the "No Smoking" sign seen in toilets. ”
- 12 Jun 2016 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ Lovely lobby, everything else about average, good place for this price ”
- 07 Feb 2016 Anonymous Russia
- “ We enjoyed our stay at Rock&Wood Hostel. The facility is very welcoming. The room was very spacious, modern, and comfortable. Heat and hot water worked well. The staff was extremely helpful with directions and things to do around Shanghai, even though we felt fine just sitting around the lounging area. The breakfast choices were great with good value. We were pleased and would recommend it to anyone who asked. The only negative was that there wasn't a tv/dvd player in the room. ”
- 31 Jan 2016 ARLISSA USA
- “ I stayed there twice in a month. I like it very much. So bad it has no kitchen for the guests, but is ok. And should specify which room is each one, because I payed one thinking about the pictures but the webpage doesnt show ´pictures of the smallest private without windows. Just be careful with the staff you hire because two girls of the house keeping had a really bad fight on the hall and my boyfriend and other persons, had to separate them. ”
- 03 Jan 2016 Anonymous Mexico
- “ Recommend that hostel. Clean, new facility, nice stuff and has everything you need. ”
- 02 Jan 2016 Constance Germany