Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We were absolutely disgusted by this place. Though it was inexpensive, it is truly a "you get what you pay for" experience. Gaps in the floorboards, dirty kitchen, ants crawling across the table, wiring that looked kind of unsafe, a toilet that leaked every time you flushed it... On the plus side, the owner was nice, and we survived the stay, but it was not an experience I would want to repeat. ”
- 08 Jul 2012 Suzannah
- “ Staff were very friendly and hostel is located very close to city. Kitchen facilities are good and everything you would need is there. Price is very reasonable. ”
- 24 Jun 2012 Paula
- “ Rose cottage itself is quite lovely and Im sure would be a lovely place to stay but when I booked it and arrived there I was informed that it had been double booked so we were placed in a log cabin out the back. The path leading to this log cabin was flooded, some van had burst the pipes. The cabin was cold, damp and very smelly. I asked for a reduction but I didnt get it as I was told the other couple in the cabin had paid the same.Instead we got 6 bottles of beer. Toilet and shower were broke. ”
- 04 Jun 2012 Jennifer
- “ Great shower and great kitchen facilities. A lot closer to the centre than I had thought! The owner is lovely and doesn't pressure you out early the next morning like other hostels. ”
- 06 May 2012 Catherine
- “ It feels like home which is good. Unfortunately there was a group of boys got drunk at night, got noisy and kept knocking on doors. Overall pretty good for the price, especially we can use the kitchen. ”
- 10 Apr 2012 Joanna