Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ If you want somewhere relaxed, affordable and with a great location, look no further than Route 39. The location is a bit difficult to find, but write down directions from Taksim Square and make it much easier. The staff were incredibly helpful and very friendly. While the rooms were a bit hot, and the bathrooms in the dorms weren't stellar, the rooftop terrace was amazing. Very relaxing and phenomenal view of Istanbul. Do yourself a favor and stay at Route 39 and eat at No 19 up the road. ”
- 16 Aug 2013 Michael USA
- “ N'oubliez pas vos boules quies!!! Les chambres donnent sur la rue, les fenêtres ne sont pas doublées, passe rideaux. C pas un endroit ou on peut se reposer.Le matelas a 200 ans, le drap est une bout de tissu...Les espaces communs sont sales et délabrés..Le staff n'est pas du tout friendly...Je veux pas faire la française mais en tout cas je la déconseille, les commentaires trip advisor ne sont pas fidèles à la réalité..mauvais rapport qualité/prix.bien située avec taksim..n'y allez pas ”
- 30 Apr 2013 Delphine France
- “ This is my 2nd visit to the hostel, I went there 6 month ago and I liked the hostel so much So I went again. Its very clean ,very secure , all crew is friendly I felt that am at home . ”
- 19 Apr 2013 Anonymous Turkey
- “ We stayed five nights. Hostel was cheap and lacked any particular character, quite shabby (but not dirty). Our private room was not very comfortable or cosy, but it was cheap so cannot complain. Very small breakfast. Hostel has very nice location indeed: very close to Taksim, Istitklal; three mins to trams which take you to the old town in 10 mins (and run very frequently). Staff tried to help, but not always was competent, e.g. didn't know about existence of Chora Church in Istanbul. ”
- 14 Mar 2013 Maryana Russia
“ Close to Taksim square for airport bus, trams, supermarket and other small restaurants. Major downfall are the staff who where either busy playing xbox or smoking the place up in the reception office. The kitchen is literally a hot plate connected to the top of a gas bottle and the wifi was continually dropping out. The roof top bar is a little creepy and overpriced. Such a shame as this place could be awesome if they put a bit of effort and TLC into the place. ”
Hi Glen we are sorry that you got us in the middle of our play station tournament :). Also we do not believe that there are many places with a sea view in Istanbul that you can eat and drink with less than 15 turkish liras but we respect your opinion and we thank you also for the good ratings on cleaning location and security. We hope to see you another time without xbox and smoking
- 08 Nov 2012 Anonymous Australia