Royal Mile Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The only problem is I didn't have a own light for my bed, so the girls from my room turned off the light at 00.00 or later. So I had to sleep with the blanket covering my head because the light bothered me so much. And if you you have to deal with NOISE. People making luggage in the middle of night. I woke up several times but is something we can't do nothing against that.I didnt sleep well because of noises. Bathrooms are clean. Breakfast maybe I would like to find cheese to put in the bread. ”
- 18 Oct 2016 Celia Spain
- “ Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location was perfect, right on the Royal Mile and near a farmers market on the weekend and a close walk to the Castle. ”
- 02 Sep 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ I booked a female 10 bed bunk room for three nights. Lokers are included. I felt unsafe in my bed. It was on the top. The climb was quite difficult and you hear every single step, because it is made of wood. And the bed frame is incomplete. You can easily fell out of your bed. ”
- 31 Aug 2016 Bamila Germany
- “ Excellent central location with nice, welcoming staff. The lock on my locker was broken and they had it fixed in 15 minutes. The hostel was quiet and had clean bathrooms, nice beds, a small comfy common room, and a functional kitchen. ”
- 23 Aug 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Overall satisfied. Small but clean, has everything you need. Can use the kitchen for your own cooking purpose, lots of ppl cook for themselves. 2 pounds for light breakfast. Be able to use wifi in your room also, since it's small. Location, couldn't be better. Very close to waverly bridge where you can get on train or hop on Airlink which will bring you directly to the airport in 30 min. Highly recommended in terms of location. ”
- 14 Jun 2016 Yungkwang South Korea
- “ The best hostel I stayed in on my two week trip to Scotland. The atmosphere in the hostel is very warm and cozy. It's a small hostel, but perfect for meeting people if traveling alone. 1/4 of the people living there are also work part time at the hostel. They are like a family and they will welcome you. I also liked the fire place and the hot chocolate after a day of exploring Edinburgh in rain. ”
- 09 Apr 2016 Neija Denmark