Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Ryokan Sanki is a nice accommodation if you want to stay in an authentic flair. The room was big enough for two persons (sleeping on futon). It felt like living within an non-tourist district of Kyoto (mostly local residents). Inside Ryokan Sanki rooms are nice and tidy with free tea. As for non native speakers most important Wi-Fi was fast enough and stable. The host is a nice unconspicious lady (english speaking). Corporate bathroom was basic but ok. Overall nothing to complain. Recommended! ”
- 21 Jan 2016 Anonymous Germany
- “ Overall it was great! Definitely an experience to stay at an authentic Ryokan. Spoke basic English and very professional, yet still friendly. Helpful generally too. The only thing I would say is that the room didn't have windows, so in the blistering heat of the summer where temps are 90+, the room got a little musty, but not very much. Overall, I would def recommend staying there. ”
- 25 Aug 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ This place is a little treasure - I stayed for 4 days and will definitely book again next year. The accommodation is everything you would want if you are looking for an authentic, simple and friendly Japanese Ryokan at a very reasonable price. The landlady is friendly and delightful but also unobtrusive. The location is great - with several bus and subway options for transport. The neighbourhood is residential and so is very quiet with little laneways and small shops which suited my needs. ”
- 21 Oct 2013 Anonymous Australia