Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Wajimaya Ryokan was the nicest place we stayed in Kyoto. The location was so close to Kyoto Station and to a grocery. I enjoyed the bike rental shop very close by. We were two people staying in a three person room, and it was still a great deal. The room itself was clean and comfortable and a beautiful space for relaxing. I loved the Japanese hot bath in the shower room. Best of all, they were super responsive when I left my cell phone there and even mailed it to me in Tokyo. So kind! ”
- 13 Apr 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Amazing place and owners. Had a wonderful stay. ”
- 10 Aug 2013 Mitchell Canada
- “ We had a lovely stay (8 nights) at Ryokan Wajimaya. The place is family run and all of the family members were very kind and helpful to us. They always took the time to say good morning, good evening etc and ask us how we were going and if we needed any advice for Kyoto. It was very cold in Kyoto when we were there, but when we got back to the Ryokan in the afternoon they had always turned our heater on in advance so that it would be warm and cosy in our room when we go there. So thoughtful! ”
- 25 Dec 2012 Anna Australia