Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We had a wonderful room with sliding doors which led directly to a pretty Japanese-style backyard garden. The hotel is run by the same family for generations and the staff is very friendly indeed. It is very central. I definitely recommend this hotel to get an authentic Japanese experience when exploring Kyoto. Only downside: There was no breakfast. However, there are cafes and the station close by, so it wasn't a big problem. ”
- 30 Apr 2014 Charlotte Germany
- “ Wajimaya Ryokan was the nicest place we stayed in Kyoto. The location was so close to Kyoto Station and to a grocery. I enjoyed the bike rental shop very close by. We were two people staying in a three person room, and it was still a great deal. The room itself was clean and comfortable and a beautiful space for relaxing. I loved the Japanese hot bath in the shower room. Best of all, they were super responsive when I left my cell phone there and even mailed it to me in Tokyo. So kind! ”
- 13 Apr 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Amazing place and owners. Had a wonderful stay. ”
- 10 Aug 2013 Mitchell Canada