Saigon Youth Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ There isn't much space neither in the room or to hang out..everything is just too small. But the location is good, I did everything on foot. Just be careful when you take a taxi in the airport, its really far and they might try to charge you more than it should be. I would recommend to arrange previously with the hostel to send someone to pick you up, to make sure that you will pay the correct amount. ”
- 31 Jan 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ located strategically near all the backpackers could need.the staff especially the cute girl on day shift is really helpful with all the info. ”
- 25 Dec 2013 Anonymous Indonesia
- “ I'm lucky for reservation a room for two beds, but I can stay alone for whole room. For what I paid and getting one room, there is definitely unbelievable. But the room soundproofing is not good. I could hear the people walking on the stairs at midnight and early morning. They had served a simple breakfast for each guest and the staff is nice, but you cannot expect they are very passion and helpful. ”
- 10 Oct 2013 Ng Hong Kong
- “ Arrived in Saigon ridiculously late and the alley the hostel was located in was a bit shady. However, I think any alley in the area would be shady at 330 am. A sign off the main street could be a good idea. Room was small but more than enough for me. Clean. Air conditioned. Staff was super helpful, especially a young woman named Fung? She was super friendly, helped me book a bus ticket, and answered any questions I had. Good location. Walked everywhere. Don't have anything negative to say. ”
- 22 Apr 2013 Parker USA
- “ Very good location. The staff wasn't nice at all, always negativ, not helpful. Had the feeling I was just disturbing then doing nothing every time I asked a question or anything. The only nice person was the young man watching during night. he was helpful and nice. The first day they told me that they would give me a towel for the bathroom...after 2 nights, I never saw any towel. Okay the hotel is well located, in the heart of the backpacker district, but there are a lot of other ho(s)tel nearby ”
- 13 Mar 2013 Marc Switzerland