Saint James Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I enjoyed the evenings spent in the confort living room. The staff is good. ”
- 25 Jan 2015 Emilie
- “ The bed was terrible: it had a saggy matras and the bedding smelled used. The restrooms and showers were unclean. Even backpacker hostels should meet some basic hygiene standards. Five pounds for a "real english breakfast" that you had to prepare yourself. Really? Go down the road add an extra 3 pounds and you'll have yourself a fantastic English breakfast at one of the pubs. I've had far better experiences at other hostels for a lot less money. ”
- 13 Dec 2014 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ Decent all around, though better ventilation in the bathrooms would be great. I was annoyed at the requirement to pay 2 pounds nonrefundable to leave my bags for a few hours after check out (not placed in a secure location, just near the desk). Staff was not that helpful, and was hard to understand at times, but the facility was great, clean, and a solid value for the neighborhood. ”
- 22 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The location was perfect. The tube and bus was a block away. Good food near by. We had a triple private room - a triple bunk. Pretty clean. The bathrooms were cleaned daily. Our floor was a bit noisy. Breakfast consisted of toast, jellies, jams, chocolate spreads and peanut butter. Cereals and boiled eggs included as well. Large kitchen and dining area. Staff was helpful. Lots of travelers to meet. a chair in the room and more sitting area in the common area would have been good. ”
- 23 Mar 2014 Margarita USA