Saint James Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The shower cabins are very small, and could use a mat. Otherwise, I really liked my stay there, the hostel is well located, there are lockers in the room, the staff is nice, and one of the girls cooked a delicious cake :) Cheers! ”
- 08 Sep 2015 Sarah France
- “ We enjoyed the quiet neighborhood location. The staff was friendly. The common area is very large and open. The back yard is also a nice area to hang out. We were very disappointed in the cleanliness of the bathrooms. The main problem is that the showers and stalls need ventilation. It's stifling. I noticed the all female showers have a fan and they're so much better. One of our curtains came down and it never got fixed even though I told the staff about it 2 times. ”
- 01 Jul 2015 Joan USA
- “ Nice place for the money. No air conditioning in the rooms so during hot weather the rooms can be a bit stifling, especially if there is someone in the room that insists on closing the window. ”
- 27 Jun 2015 Carl USA
- “ I found the accommodations to be very poor. The establishment in general was disappointing and very unkept. Walls were dirty, as were the bathrooms. I'll be thankful if I don't end up with a foot infection from the showers. The rooms were very small and mine had 4 people living in it for an extended period which meant that the smell was horrendous- I'm not exaggerating when I say I avoided returning only for sleep as I was so uncomfortable with the condtion. ”
- 22 May 2015 Cole USA
- “ I enjoyed the evenings spent in the confort living room. The staff is good. ”
- 25 Jan 2015 Emilie
- “ The bed was terrible: it had a saggy matras and the bedding smelled used. The restrooms and showers were unclean. Even backpacker hostels should meet some basic hygiene standards. Five pounds for a "real english breakfast" that you had to prepare yourself. Really? Go down the road add an extra 3 pounds and you'll have yourself a fantastic English breakfast at one of the pubs. I've had far better experiences at other hostels for a lot less money. ”
- 13 Dec 2014 Anonymous Netherlands