Salmon Weir Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I highly recommend Salmon Weir Hostel. It is only 5 min. walking from Galway Bus Station. Since I arrived there I immediately felt its friendly atmosphere, the staff showed me all the facilities and even introduce to me other guests, it made me feel in comfortable and safe environment. This Hostel is clean, tidy and such a valuable option for any kind of budget. ”
- 02 Apr 2015 edgar Mexico
- “ We were in a 6 bed mixed that definitely should have had 2 less beds. Two people couldn't move around at one time and there was far too little luggage space (and there were only 4 small lockers instead of 6). Beds were rickety and not the best, but for the price we paid that was to be expected. Showers were questionable but at least hot water! Kitchen was really nice and we loved having access to seasonings for food! Location was decent, about 10 min from train station and 10 from Shop St. ”
- 05 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The staff and other people there were awesome and fun! Everyone was so helpful and were available at all times. ”
- 06 Jan 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The staff was Really more than great...Helpful and kind especially Takako the japanese staff and the lady from Romania was really kind, U can feel urself at home with a very nice atmosphere..If I have a chance to go to Galway...Definitely will stay there.. ”
- 08 Aug 2014 Mohamed Egypt
- “ A very good place to stay for few nights. The staff is friendly, the place is cleaned every day, your bed clothes are fresh and the kithen will give you a fridge and a big space to cook. you are in the city center, near the canal and some shops. I warmly recommand this hostel. ”
- 20 Jun 2014 Anonymous France