San Juan International Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We stayed in the private double room. Pros: wifi, pancake breakfast, lots of electrical outlets, convenience store close by Cons: small room, bed not too comfortable, can't really get anywhere by walking ”
- 27 Dec 2015 Amanda Klug USA
- “ My stay at SJIH was awesome! I made good friends, I saw great sights, I had ample opportunity to relax. The hostel was comfortable and walking distance to a lot of the places I wanted to go. I visited Las Placitas and the beaches at Condado and Old San Juan, all walking distance (a bit longer for Old San Juan, but manageable). Kitchen for cooking and multiple common areas. Great vibe. 10/10 would do it again! ”
- 04 Nov 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ quiet , secure, and owner very accommodating.good values ”
- 14 Aug 2015 Heriberto USA
- “ The owner, Francisco, was very helpful about the area and the hostel. He has a map of the area and step by step instructions to get to anything you want. He answers all your questions and was willing to give you the inside scoop on the local venues. ”
- 14 Jul 2015 Samantha USA
- “ Francisco was just AWESOME! :) Thanks, Francisco for being so helpful & flexible with our schedule! ”
- 06 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
“ Giant cockroaches everywhere, they climbed on me when I was sleeping ...owner yells and gets really aggressive if he sees you at the hostel between 11;30 and 3 pm (the hostel is shut down between those hours for cleaning) it was ridiculous! He is a very unpleasant man, once at 11:40 he saw me in my bed (my stomach was hurting) he yelled at me very badly and threatened to evict me if I did not leave immediately, so I had to drag myself from the bed to the streets, horrible experience! ”
Due to hostel rules + this guest bad behavior WE were forced to cancel this guest' remaining reservations. We have no other comments. We contract #1 Exterminating Company in Puerto Rico for keeping our place clean.
- 27 May 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Francisco is helpful and willing to help me with any problems. People in the dorms are nice, too. ”
- 24 May 2015 Anonymous China