Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The place was clean. You have lockers in your room that you can lock with your own padlock. Free wifi works great. Only one shower but mostly available. There is no common room though. The major downside is that you have to walk 115 steps to get to the hostel. ”
- 16 Aug 2014 Alexia Canada
- “ Communication with hostel staff was extremely poor, although the staff was friendly and nice. I felt unsafe and security was poor. Multiple times I could not find a staff member when I had a question. Facilities were plain but clean. ”
- 03 May 2014 Kate USA
- “ I would definitely recommend this hostel for future travellers, but not if you want to meet people at hostels. The hostel is more of a hotel but with shared bedrooms and no room service. There isn't much of a kitchen but theres a cheap chinese place right outside! Also the hostel advertises that it has helpful staff but the entire time I was there I saw one girl who took my money and helped me with the door, there is no "front desk", no way to find the girl either. ”
- 03 May 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ My upper bed was moving everytime i moved or the person belove me. No place to sit or hangout except your bedroom or really extra small kitchen with only microwave and refrigirator. Staff was ok ,owner speaks english and he was glad to help you with advices. Anyway,for this money its not so bad, bcs of good location but i would not suggest stayin for more than two or three days. ”
- 07 Dec 2013 Anonymous Serbia
- “ There was no hot showers and it was really really loud. You cant hear the streets but if people are talking on the floor its like they are standing in your room. And there was trouble on the floor most of the time ... ”
- 16 Nov 2013 Kim Laura Germany
- “ Sandy Hostel is in a great location, Via Cavour is just around the corner from the train station. Despite many comments about the poor cleanliness, I think it was pretty good. We had CLEAN bed sheets, bathroom and toilet was also clean. A guy that gave us the keys was very kind and everytime we went into the hostel he asked 'ciao, tutto bene?' :) Positive experience. Very low cost but CLEAN. ”
- 15 Nov 2013 Anonymous Poland