Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Shelter City Hostel was great ! I went with my best friend on our first trip together and the Hostel made things easier for us on this trip. It's located 1 km from the Centraal Station. The staff was adorable, especially the girls, they made the place more like a home, whether it was in the reception or the kitchen. Buy locks for your lockers and if you don't have one then you can buy one at reception for 3/4€. Everything is close, shops, restaurants, coffee shops. ”
- 30 Oct 2015 Marwan Belgium
- “ It was good in general. ”
- 28 Oct 2015 Caner Turkey
- “ The best place for visiting Amsterdam ! Really excellent, great people, perfect breakfast. Near of everything. The best ! El mejor lugar para visitar Amsterdam! Realmete excelente, genial el equipo humano, muy limpio, perfecto el desayuno. Cerca de todo. El mejor ! ”
- 15 Oct 2015 Anonymous Uruguay
- “ It is my second time to stay here. Location is absolutely perfect, because you are 4 minutes away from the main square. It is really great value for money! The fact that I came back here only 4 months after my first visit, says it all. ”
- 11 Oct 2015 Darjan Serbia
- “ Staff is nice, beds and shower are good. The internet sometimes doesn't work in the rooms, so it's better going downstairs. Good atmosphere. Location is excellente. No complaints ”
- 08 Oct 2015 Anonymous Brazil
“ Next time someone books and PAYS FOR a 10 person room, it is advised tha you actually give them that rather then stuff then in a prison cell of 16 people. Definitely will not be coming back. ”
Sorry that you weren't happy with the 16-bed dormitory, but that is exactly what you booked online. We don't have any 10-bed female rooms so there's no way you could have chosen that.
- 08 Oct 2015 Veronica USA
- “ Amazing staff!! Location is great, hostel night was really cool, and most people were really friendly. I felt safe. The rooms are quite noisy and feel really small for 10 people though, I did not sleep really well. I will definitely come back, but only if I can have a 4 or 6 people room, not the big dormitories. ”
- 01 Oct 2015 Anonymous France
- “ it was 16 female domitory, but I really had a nice sleep. :) ”
- 15 Sep 2015 Anonymous South Korea
- “ Great place to stay right in the heart of Amsterdam. I'm not religious and they never tried to push their religion on me. I would recommend this to anyone. Awesome place! ”
- 14 Sep 2015 Josh USA
- “ Poor Breakfast they didn't have wide selection food, it is not buffet breakfast, and they give you 1 bread with thin ham and thin cheese and small coffee everyday. And the security is bad because door's bedroom doesn't have key always are open. And other thing was some floor like 3th floor alone so that was scare. There wasn't anybody and this day the administrator asked about one situation happen in this floor, so they didn't know about what happened in this floor ... Awful ”
- 10 Sep 2015 Viviana Chile