Shoestrings Airport Lodge
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The owner and the staff were very nice. ”
- 03 Oct 2014 Anonymous South Africa
- “ Airport pick up and drop off make this the go to option for a stop over in J'Burg. Had to hunt out hot water downstairs in dorm area as the water in our "shared" bathroom was only luke warm (downstairs was great though, hot and good pressure) Would go back again! ”
- 24 Jun 2014 Donna Australia
- “ Rob,the owner, was very kind and helped me in everything I needed. The staff was also very kind. It was weird that the place didn't have towels but I head my own so it was fine. Very convenient for an early trip to the Johannesburg airport. ”
- 14 May 2014 Anonymous Colombia
- “ Rob was a generous and interesting host. The airport transfers were accommodating, excellent and smooth. The bed in my single room wasn't all that comfortable, but I got a good night's rest after two really long flights. Great location for O.R. Tambo airport. ”
- 30 Dec 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ very friendly staff. graden and house are very nice, however seems to be quite run down and not well maintained. ”
- 29 Dec 2013 Markus Germany
- “ Pickup and Drop Off at OR Tambo perfect! But no possibility to use credit card, and, surprisingly no breakfast at all. Lots of residentiary international guest inhabiting that hostel. No snacks in the hostel, only tea or coffee, no food store in walking distance. Only a expensive good hotel restaurant on the opposite side. Noisy guests, lots of talk in the evening, at night, in the morning, and you are maybe seated with your nosy neigbour couple from that dormitory, in the plane. One night ok ”
- 10 Dec 2013 Franz Germany