Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Good efficient hostel, bed was comfortable, bathrooms & kitchen clean. Plenty of information on Auckland near reception desk. Hostel was warm and had a good vibe. A lot of backpackers use this hostel as their place of residence while they are staying in Auckland as they have very cheap weekly rates. Only hostel which allows you to drink your own beers in the lounge. ”
- 11 Apr 2017 Douglas New Zealand
- “ Last hostel i could book in Auckland. Staff aren't welcoming. I stayed 5 nights ... It's almost clean everywhere, showers are good, but the kitchen is very dirty with this old dishes and pan ... awful to cook inside them. I slept in the 6 beds dorms and it's very tiny. There is almost no space to fit somewhere my big luggage and there is no real locker anywhere in the hostel. Only a little one if they are free (computer under 13'') Then NO free wifi and expensive ! NO working in my dorm !! ”
- 26 Oct 2016 Anthony France
- “ Very good location. Staff nice and helpful. Too much noise at night and morning when your dorm is on the ground floor ( cars traffic and partying backpackers in common area) ”
- 20 Oct 2016 Gwenael France
- “ I've stayed in a lot of hostels and this is one of the worst. We found out the fridges get turned off at night and that was why food was going off, the rooms smelled damp and were cramped, hardly anything worked in the kitchen, the staff were moody. The other backpackers were amazing, the bathrooms were clean and new. If you're there for a few nights it's value for money, longer - find somewhere else. ”
- 21 Sep 2016 Christine England