Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great people! Great breakfast! A little further out if you're not driving and the beds could be softer but overall it's well worth it! ”
- 11 Nov 2014 Matt USA
- “ So lovely to stay here, everyone was so friendly and I felt very safe. You have access to a pool, laundry and a kitchen, and they will give you a free ride to the nearby grocery store the first time you go. The one issue was it took a little while to get to downtown LA, and walking back to the hostel from the train station (10 min away) was a little sketchy. It was so easy to make friends though that you don't have to go alone! Also, there is a wonderful friendly pitbull who lives there. ”
- 06 Sep 2014 Nelly Canada
- “ Nice bathroom, laundry, excellent wifi, good value for money. Also, hostel is not crowded. A bit out of the way from nearby metro station. Location not that great. Bit far from any nearby convenience stores & restaurants. But great price tho. ”
- 13 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The hostel Sir Ruthelen was a fantastic place to stay while visiting Los Angeles. The facilities are outstanding. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and tries to accommodate any request made to them in reason. The commons areas are regularly cleaned and there is access to a washer/dryer. A big breakfast: eggs, grits, waffles, bacon, sausage, coffee, and juices is prepared every morning. ”
- 25 Jun 2014 Sereth USA
- “ We had a fantastic stay at Sir Ruthelen, such friendly staff and guests. The rooms were perfect for us and clean. Beautiful pool area and an awesome breakfast every morning. Definitely would come back again. ”
- 14 Jun 2014 Aimee South Africa
- “ Tanesha, the manager, was amazing! They had some last minute arrangements they needed to make to accommodate everyone,but she made sure it happened and we were all taken care of! Overall it was a great value for the price, breakfast was included and the sweet potato waffles were awesome. Parking could be a little tricky, but as to be expected for L.A. The location was a little bit further out, but we found some fast routes into/through the city. ”
- 05 Jun 2014 Glen USA