Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Although he informed me 24 hours in advance that I couldn't stay there he refused to refund the first day payment I had made. I am contesting the charge with my credit card company. The owner sent me a very nasty email when I disagreed with him. I have saved the email should you wish to read it. ”
- 09 Dec 2015 Janet USA
- “ This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. In fact, I feel it is a dishonour to call Sleephere a hostel. This is a home away from away, and Karel will make you feel that from the moment you step in the door. He was an amazing host, who believes in a very informal and relaxed management. The house is beautifully decorated (think chandeliers, old painting, bookshelfs, fairy lights and stained glass) and has a great kitchen. If I'm ever back in Brussels, I'll be back to Karel's home. ”
- 18 Aug 2015 Anonymous Scotland
- “ Pros: More like a home than a hostel. Very pleasant atmosphere, nice and quiet, and friendly staff. Convenient for supermarket, Metro, and sights. Free wifi. Cons: No locks on sliding doors to bedrooms, no lockers in rooms. A large chest was available in one room. ”
- 12 Aug 2015 Anonymous England
- “ The hostel was homely and with a good atmosphere. The host was friendly and helpful, and offered to assist us with practical things. The breakfast was average. There was a really nice terrace in the backyard that I would have liked to use if it hadn't rained every day of our stay... ”
- 29 Jul 2015 Linn Norway
- “ This hostel was excellent! The house is an amazingly preserved building with beautiful features. The beds were SUPER comfortable, the most comfortable bed I've ever stayed in at a hostel. Karel was an excellent host and helped with any questions you have about visiting any part of Belgium. The price for this hostel was perfect, you are getting your moneys worth. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to any type of traveler. ”
- 11 Jun 2015 Megan USA
- “ Karel was absolutely incredible. I HIGHLY recommend this place. Great location near Old Town Brussels and easy access to the Metro near Saint Katherine station. This is worth every single penny you will spend and more. ”
- 26 May 2015 Anonymous USA