Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I didn't like the room bcz it was too small and the windows were like from a basement. But we have chosen the cheapest room... On the other hand the stuff was friendly, with fluent English. ”
- 09 Aug 2013 Anonymous Slovakia
- “ This hostel was super-nice, with really friendly, helpful, English-speaking staff. They booked a bus ticket to Kunming for us which was very convenient. It's hard to assess the atmosphere since we didn't stay too long, but it seemed like a nice place. There were a couple of lovable golden retrievers wandering around, which I liked, though maybe it's not great if you have dog allergies. The signs made the place easy to find. Overall, SleepyFish is a cut above most similarly-priced hostels. ”
- 28 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Best Hostel Ive been to yet. Very friendly staff. Very good english as it is western owned. Very Clean facilities. Only thing is the Wifi is not very good, but they have an Imac you can Use which is very new and comfortable to use. Very knowledgeable staff in terms of planning and attractions. ”
- 16 Aug 2012 Robin
- “ Very friendly staff and British owner. Great place to go with your girlfriend or just kick back for a while with friends. They had a collection of older China guidebooks, which I was able to borrow with me and return by checkout. The only issue was that one night my key didn't work on the front gate and I basically had to climb over the spiked metal gate - the staff was asleep by 11pm I think. Then again the following night the same key did work, so I'd like to think it was a one-off incident. ”
- 04 Jun 2012 Lie