Small World Guesthouse in Kyoto
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This place looks and feels great, really nice vibe. Even though the location isnt that centre - it's near the river and gradens and of course near a MRT. I did really enjoy my stay here, everything you need for a budget traveler and really homely. Top place. ”
- 26 May 2015 Anonymous New Zealand
- “ This little hostel is full of charm! If you want to experience a real traditional Kyoto house (even if the accommodation is really basic) then you should definitely go. However if you want to go to this hostel to chat with the host this is not the place you're looking for. In fact I found the owner/host of the place to be really distant, and borderline cold towards me. I don't know what I did to deserve this since he was chatting easily with other people but I found that he wasn't friendly. ”
- 30 Mar 2015 Elisa France
- “ Very nice hostel to experience true traditional Japanese life. All needed facilities are there and it is a nice and cozy place to stay. Even though it is very cold during winter time, the guest house takes very good care of keeping you warm: heaters and electric blanket even. If you really want to experience Japan at its fullest than this is where you want to be. Only disadvantage is that the matrass is very thin, so I used some extra from other beds which were empty. ”
- 05 Jan 2015 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ Shower rooms were not very clean and full of mosquitos. Other than that, not for someone who is afraid of the dark. Overall location is good. It is really close to a bus stop and about 10mins walk to the subway. They have a fresco nearby and a convenience store as well. And washing and drying facilities for just 200yen. ”
- 16 Jul 2014 Anonymous Malaysia