Small World Guesthouse in Kyoto
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Shower rooms were not very clean and full of mosquitos. Other than that, not for someone who is afraid of the dark. Overall location is good. It is really close to a bus stop and about 10mins walk to the subway. They have a fresco nearby and a convenience store as well. And washing and drying facilities for just 200yen. ”
- 16 Jul 2014 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ Great hostel, very authentic Japanese house, but was extremely disappointed that no towels were supplied and although there was coffee and cooking facilities there was no cutlery. I have stayed in all types of hostels over the years of travelling and backpacking and towels have always been supplied; so between 4 of us travelling we all shared a towel during our 4 day stay at the Small World Guesthouse. Great that tea and coffee was supplied, but it was a shame there was no spoons to make it. ”
- 07 Apr 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ cheap price n nice staff ,so nice days in here ,living in a traditional house of Kyoto is so great .i really like here .and I will live her again will I m back . ”
- 23 Mar 2014 YUKFONG China
- “ The hostel was cheap so I wasn't really expecting something very cozy and luxurious since I only needed a place to sleep. I like the fact that it was patterned into a Japanese traditional guest house and was surprised of the squat toilets :D The facilities are okay but THERE WAS NO LOCKERS FOR LUGGAGES. Shower heater was very responsive although they didn't provide you with towels (at least I brought mine). Overall, it's value for your money. :) ”
- 24 Nov 2013 JOHAN FLOYD Philippines
- “ The owner isn't so friendly. ”
- 08 Nov 2013 Chan Hoong Malaysia