Small World Guesthouse in Kyoto
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very nice hostel to experience true traditional Japanese life. All needed facilities are there and it is a nice and cozy place to stay. Even though it is very cold during winter time, the guest house takes very good care of keeping you warm: heaters and electric blanket even. If you really want to experience Japan at its fullest than this is where you want to be. Only disadvantage is that the matrass is very thin, so I used some extra from other beds which were empty. ”
- 05 Jan 2015 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ Shower rooms were not very clean and full of mosquitos. Other than that, not for someone who is afraid of the dark. Overall location is good. It is really close to a bus stop and about 10mins walk to the subway. They have a fresco nearby and a convenience store as well. And washing and drying facilities for just 200yen. ”
- 16 Jul 2014 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ Great hostel, very authentic Japanese house, but was extremely disappointed that no towels were supplied and although there was coffee and cooking facilities there was no cutlery. I have stayed in all types of hostels over the years of travelling and backpacking and towels have always been supplied; so between 4 of us travelling we all shared a towel during our 4 day stay at the Small World Guesthouse. Great that tea and coffee was supplied, but it was a shame there was no spoons to make it. ”
- 07 Apr 2014 Anonymous Australia