Smart Camden Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel was pretty terrible. Do not stay here if you care at all about cleanliness or good service. The bathrooms were disgusting ( beer bottles strewn around, tiny showers you can barely fit into). My room was okay and the bed was comfy enough however I was woken up at 6am to the sound of people who worked there talking and laughing. The staff have no respect for the costumers and they don't even pretend to. Yes, this place was cheap but I would rather pay a bit more. ”
- 01 Mar 2014 Hayley USA
- “ The location is great, it's not very fancy but you get what you pay for! I heard bad comments about the breackfast that apparently was not existant, we had good breackfast everyday, tea or coffee, milk, cornflakes and toasts with butter and jam, so nothing to complain for me! The bedroom and shower were a bit small and you had to pay a little extra for the locker but once again you get what you pay for!! We had a good time, we were two girls and we booked a mixed rom, no problem it was safe ! ”
- 15 Feb 2014 Anonymous France
- “ Tiny rooms, tiny showers, tiny everything. But, for this prize you will not find enything better. Location is very good so, if you like hostels - meeting new people from all around the world you should check it! ”
- 06 Feb 2014 Anonymous Poland
- “ The hostel was ok. The room was pretty small but that's what you would expect. You get clean sheets the first day, and the room gets cleaned every day. We had a shower inside the room, but the wc was shared and outside the room. The shower was super small and the water was too hot. I would repeat again. It's not a 5 star hotel, but a very good hostel considering what you pay. ”
- 06 Jul 2013 Enric Spain
- “ Really not good at all. The rooms were packed full with beds and there was no room to stand sit, or move in any way. lockers cost extra, but I suppose that's normal for London. Most of the staff seemed like they couldn't care less about being there. But at least it's close to the underground station and you don't need to spend a lot of time there. ”
- 24 May 2013 Ricarda Germany
- “ Cheap and basic. The bed won't give you a backache, the shower is hot and the breakfast will keep you from starving if you're really on a budget. As with any hostel, bring earplugs, also a towel if you don't want to buy one. Great location if you dig the hustle & bustle of the alternative Camden area. ”
- 03 May 2013 Anonymous Iceland