Smart Camden Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel was ok. The room was pretty small but that's what you would expect. You get clean sheets the first day, and the room gets cleaned every day. We had a shower inside the room, but the wc was shared and outside the room. The shower was super small and the water was too hot. I would repeat again. It's not a 5 star hotel, but a very good hostel considering what you pay. ”
- 06 Jul 2013 Enric Spain
- “ Really not good at all. The rooms were packed full with beds and there was no room to stand sit, or move in any way. lockers cost extra, but I suppose that's normal for London. Most of the staff seemed like they couldn't care less about being there. But at least it's close to the underground station and you don't need to spend a lot of time there. ”
- 24 May 2013 Ricarda Germany
- “ Cheap and basic. The bed won't give you a backache, the shower is hot and the breakfast will keep you from starving if you're really on a budget. As with any hostel, bring earplugs, also a towel if you don't want to buy one. Great location if you dig the hustle & bustle of the alternative Camden area. ”
- 03 May 2013 Anonymous Iceland
- “ Nerve-wrackingly small! Tiny dorms, tiny reception, tiny kitchen. The dorm was ice cold all the time except in the middle of the night, when it was stiflingly hot. There was eight people sleeping in what must have been about 15 m2. There is free wifi but not really space to use your computer except on your bed, and then you can't sit up. If you are an average sized adult (I am female and 168 cm tall) don't expect a comfortable stay. ”
- 04 Apr 2013 Maija Finland
- “ I booked this hostel only because of the good location (close to Euston Station). One of the more secure hostels in which I've stayed. The room, sheets and bathroom (4 girl dorm bathroom) were clean, but the lounge area was disgusting. The wifi didn't work above the first floor. When I asked about a taxi service, the gentleman at the front desk was clueless. Later, I found the phone in the lobby that connected me directly to a taxi service. ”
- 21 Mar 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I have stayed at this hostel a few times by now, and I find it to be perfect. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The only problem I had during the last stay was with the newly fitted showers and strange motion-sensing lighting system. Together, they make for showering in a cramped space in the dark. Other than that, I would 100% recommend it to any easy-going person. ”
- 13 Dec 2012 Sannija Latvia