St Christopher's at The Winston
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Location very central and convenient. Lots going on in area and, despite being on edge of Red Light District, I felt safe walking the street at night as a woman on her own. Walk between the hostel and Centraal station is only about 10 minutes and not complicated. Bar is noisy at night, in case that bothers you. Linen, towel, bar of soap and sachet of shampoo were provided. Shower was hot and pressure good but floor got very wet. Staff very friendly and helpful. Lockers large but a bit awkward. ”
- 14 Sep 2015 Anonymous Ireland
- “ Overall good stay, the breakfast was good and the staff were awesome about cleaning the rooms daily, providing fresh clean towels daily, and they would even make your bed. I've stayed at a lot of hostels and they by far had the most comfortable bed and pillow! Slept great every night! Close to the train station, about a 5-10min walk. Close to the Red Light district which was fun but I felt very safe in that area as well. ”
- 12 Sep 2015 Stephanie USA
- “ Had a fantastic stay here! The room was clean, the staff were helpful, the location was great. Would definitely stay here again!! ”
- 05 Aug 2015 Hannah Australia
- “ This hostel has the best location possible in Amsterdam, it's near everything! Also, Bellushi's (St Christopher's restaurant /bar ) is a secret party location. Many locals go there to have fun, and it's nice to meet them! Also, if you smoke, or would like to try weed in Amsterdam, Bellushi's two different spaces to do that are great! If you want to have the real Amsterdam experience, stay here and rent a bike nearby! You won't regret it ”
- 23 Jul 2015 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Room was not very clean at our arrival and was not cleaned at all during our 3days stay. Location is very good, staff is ok, food is good and cheap. Atmosphere can be surprising for people searching for a place to have some rest since every evening the bar is very crowed with people from outside the hotel that want to party, and music is loud. ”
- 11 Jul 2015 Moussa France
- “ The bar in the hostel looked like a lot of fun and the breakfast was great! Easy to find the place from the hostel and close to everything for the tourits =) ”
- 16 Jun 2015 Kajsa Sweden
- “ The location cannot be beat. Tons of nearby eateries & pubs. Walk to everything. The staff was very friendly & helpful. I read many reviews before booking. Some complained about the noise from the club, but it was pretty muffled and didn't keep us up at all. We had a 5th floor private room with bath. Our room was clean. The shower was hot, and we were provided with fresh towels, soap & shampoo. If you need more than that, then you aren't spending enough time wandering around this great city. ”
- 22 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ way more better than i thought :) ”
- 13 Mar 2015 Julian Israel
“ My second time at St Christopher's at The Winston and these guys are amazing.
Hostel location is just great, lockers for each bed, well clean bathrooms, staff is very helpful and the atmosphere is amazing. Plus, there is a bar down stairs with great atmosphere always, good music, food and drinks of course.
When I'll be in Amsterdam, St Christopher's at The Winston will be my choice no doubts! ”
Thank you very much for your kind words! We'll look forward to next time you're in Amsterdam! - St. Christopher's at The Winston
- 03 Mar 2015 Anonymous Brazil
“ Clean , central , great athmosphere . The breakfast was fantastic. ”
We're glad to read that you enjoyed it! Please come again! - St. Christopher's at The Winston
- 26 Jan 2015 lora Ireland