St. Clair Hotel-Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ quite noisy at night ”
- 13 Jul 2016 Long Ching Hong Kong
- “ Great location. In the center of everything and great walking distance to everything. Clean and a great value for what you pay. ”
- 23 Jun 2016 Gem USA
- “ Generally ok you get what you paid for. Except lack of full kitchen facility and a sink at the kitchen is quite ridiculous. Awesome location. ”
- 14 Jun 2016 Maggie Hong Kong
“ A friend and I visited Vancouver for a few days. Neither of us had ever booked a hostel before this trip, and we had very low expectations upon booking a private twin bed. Our expectations were blown away given the price, location, and reasonable condition of the facilities. Everything we wanted to do wasn't far off...grabbing a sea bus at Canada plus, or enjoying a walk through the streets, or being able to grab a train to anywhere. ”
Thank you for your review of the St Clair! We are glad that you were happy with our facilities and location and hope you had a lovely time in Vancouver
- 27 May 2016 Anonymous USA
“ Clean, fun theme, cool old building, friendly staff, great location. There was a room of loud guests one night but you see that everywhere, unfortunately. I'd definitely stay here again! ”
Thank you for your review of the St Clair. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again. Safe travels!
- 27 May 2016 Anonymous USA
“ This was my second time staying at the St. Clair and it's always been great. There's a lot of restaurants, bars, and things to do in the general vicinity. The staff is always super friendly and helpful and always a pleasure to chat with. ”
Thank you for your review of our hostel. It's great that you find our location to be convenient when you visit Vancouver. We are pleased that you enjoy staying with us and hope to see you again!
- 08 Apr 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Loud hallways. Young party people act like they are the only people there, did not respect quiet time. I was forced into an upper bunk when a later arriving roommate took my space and I was not there. Need a chit system to ID claimed bunks. ”
- 17 Dec 2015 Carl USA
- “ The location is great! All of Downtown, West End, Gastown and Chinatown are all within walking distance. The beds were nice and clean and I loved the naval theme of the hostel. Although there were only two toilets and showers per floor, I never had to wait for my turn. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home. All in all, great value for money! ”
- 06 Sep 2015 Suvianna Finland