St. Vincent's Guesthouse
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ My biggest hurdle here was the cold. The building is an almost 200 year old orphanage and has no heat whatsoever. This was a big problem for me, as the private rooms are quite large and drafty, and I was there in January. I had to actually buy a small block heater for the weekend, returned it when I left. That aside, the showers were hot, the staff helpful and friendly, the location great. Very authentic atmosphere, and the walk to the Quarter was nice. The Cafe across the street was excellent. ”
- 09 Jan 2015 Parker Canada
- “ The staff was very welcoming and they were helpful when we asked how to get to places. The actual building is older but I think it adds character to the experience. ”
- 31 Dec 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ This is not a hostel, it's a halfway house for the homeless. My dorm was filthy; I was given dirty linen which had stains and the mattress smelt of urine. I was frightened that I would get bedbugs. As a single woman, I felt really unsafe staying at St Vincent's and as a result I checked out early. ”
- 31 Dec 2014 Abbie Australia
- “ I contacted this hostel the day before my stay to verify that I had a reservation. I was rudely told that I did not have a reservation and then was hung up upon. I was then charged for one night because I did not show up for my reservation. Trying to get my money back I was told that they would call me (they didn't) that they had sent me an email (they didn't) and that I had violated their cancellation policy (How when I was told I had no reservation?) Do not go to this place! ”
- 30 Dec 2014 Cris USA
- “ Fairly good location (the Fr. Qr. is reachable by bus within 15 min). Private room turned out to be clean. However its cold in the winter, because there is no heating.Service at the front desk had trouble finding our reservation, then it turned out that they do not have change. However U can pay by credit card. The building is generally creepy.Strange people around. No place to do the laundry. The building has a kitchen but there is no cutlery, vessels, etc. During our stay it was quiet. ”
- 30 Dec 2014 Anonymous Poland
- “ I booked a twin room and got a double bed. When I told the manager about the mistake, she told me "If you don't like it, you can leave. As it's a busy time of year", she was very rude. Don't stay here if you have another choice, it's basically a half way house. ”
- 29 Dec 2014 Adrian Australia