Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel is located in the old town area, 5-10 minutes walk to the main strip. Amenities include huge lockers that could fit large suitcases, two washing machines and a dryer, plenty of drying racks, and extra toilets. ”
- 03 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Djoko is one of the best hostel owners/hosts I've ever met. He's so friendly and relaxed, but he really makes every possible effort to make sure you have everything you need from an extra towel to bus times to a good breakfast. He lives on the property and seems to really enjoy being a host. The space is comfortable and you really feel like you can relax in your own living room. The entire place is immaculate, very secure and the location is perfect. Would definitely come back! ”
- 14 Apr 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Hostels often forget that small little details make a big difference in service quality! SunnyLakeHostel did not forgot about those small details. Excelent service! The only issue is that it is very tricky to find: be prepared for that! :) ”
- 08 Nov 2013 Anonymous Portugal
- “ i stayed there two nights, it is very nice and big hostel, staff very helpfull and polite. i can advice to stay there... ”
- 04 Sep 2013 Anonymous Turkey
- “ Thanks :) ”
- 26 Jul 2013 Margaux France
- “ I stayed at SunnyLake for a week, in one of the private bedrooms. The hostel is quite difficult to get to, as navigating through the old city centre of Ohrid is challenging, even with a map. The lake view is available only from the breakfast terrace and is partly blocked by other buildings. The biggest problem is the sheets: I think they don't dry them properly, hence they smell really bad. Otherwise, the room was clean. Given the affordable price and the two great hosts, I say it's worth it. ”
- 25 Jul 2013 Alina Romania