Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Overall a nice hostel. Would prefer the cleaners to knock on the door and not just barge in in the morning while we're still sleeping. ”
- 01 Apr 2013 Cecilie Anny Norway
- “ Nice place, close to the main beach, the free shuttle was greatly appreciated. Beds were comfy, no a/c but that seems to be the norm in Australia. ”
- 30 Jan 2013 Tal Canada
- “ The staff (mostly Americans) is not specially kind (not specially unkind either). The ensuite bathroom is clean and large. ”
- 27 Jan 2013 Anonymous Belgium
- “ Great people, Great Staff, Great atmosphere. Everything you want for a stay at the goldcoast. They offer good deals for going out in the evenings too. ”
- 03 Dec 2012 Anonymous Australia
“ For the price you have to pay hostel is too far away from the CBD. I also was annoyed when I had to pay additional price to get cutlery and plates, I understand that hostel tries to protect itself from unfair guests but it adds a lot of inconvienence and mistrust to the overall atmoshpere in the hostel. Wi fi is also limited to the reception place so you always have to go out and sit near the building and for some reasons its availability is also limited to hours from 7am to 10 pm. ”
You pay a deposit for a plate set to ensure that everyone does their own washing up, you get the money back when you return a clean plate set. There's no mistrust, just the reality that dirty cutlery would be left all over the kitchens otherwise. Wifi can be received for free in the reception area and on the benches outside and even in the bar area for some people. The hostel becomes a very dull place if Wifi is in the rooms! Availability is limited to 15 hours free for every person every day because allowing guests to Skype all night whilst others are trying to sleep doesn't work! We are 2 minute walk to the beach, 10 - 15 minutes to the heart of Surfers Paradise abd Broadbeach ...............
- 22 Nov 2012 Titas Lithuania