Surfside Bondi Beach Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great people staying there, staff had bad attitude, the rooms smelt of cheesy feet, not clean! Over all worst hostel iv stayed in and most expensive! 😖 ”
- 24 Apr 2015 Rebecca England
- “ I did not like my stay at surfside at all. The only thing I liked about the hostel was the location. The staff wasn't very friendly, it was dirty, you couldn't even lock the toilett doors (that's such a simple thing that they could fix in a couple a minutes but can't be bothered). They say that they have free parking but there is non, had to park the car 30 minutes away on the street. To get free Wifi you have to rate them 5 stars, like them on facebook an so on, thats why they have good reviews ”
- 16 Feb 2015 ida
- “ I LOVED staying here even it was not the cleanest or most secure place. The people we awesome and it was a great time! I was not ready to leave. ”
- 24 Jan 2015 Veronica USA
- “ Pros: Great location for walking around Bondi, helpful and enthusiastic staff, decent ways to sit and relax in the hostel Cons: Dirty, dirty bathrooms. Garbage was overflowing, toilets broken, sand was all over, people left things behind on the counters. Had to park our car 15 minutes away to avoid paying $5/hour until 10pm. Like other places in Sydney, we left nickel and dimed for everything. General: Felt like an American frat/sorority house. Not our vibe. ”
- 23 Nov 2014 Lindsey USA
- “ place is great, close to everything, great staff that helps you with anything you may need, meet awesome new people, forms your own little hostel family here. Great value for your money, clean facilities and rooms (no bed bugs etc.), and lots to do from tv room, ping pong, basketball, bbq ing, drinking games etc. ”
- 11 Sep 2014 Dylan Canada