Surfside Bondi Beach Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Pros: Great location for walking around Bondi, helpful and enthusiastic staff, decent ways to sit and relax in the hostel Cons: Dirty, dirty bathrooms. Garbage was overflowing, toilets broken, sand was all over, people left things behind on the counters. Had to park our car 15 minutes away to avoid paying $5/hour until 10pm. Like other places in Sydney, we left nickel and dimed for everything. General: Felt like an American frat/sorority house. Not our vibe. ”
- 23 Nov 2014 Lindsey USA
- “ place is great, close to everything, great staff that helps you with anything you may need, meet awesome new people, forms your own little hostel family here. Great value for your money, clean facilities and rooms (no bed bugs etc.), and lots to do from tv room, ping pong, basketball, bbq ing, drinking games etc. ”
- 11 Sep 2014 Dylan Canada
- “ Free surfboards and swimswits renting, that was awesome! ”
- 06 Feb 2013 Anonymous Spain
- “ I was supposed to be on a female shared room. When I arrived, my room was already open, with something holding the door. Inside the room was such a mess and there were some man sleeping there. I went to the reception (which only opens after 5 p.m.) and the girl said: They must be friends of another girls. It just shows how unorganized and unsecure was the place. I just took my stuff and went out to find a cleaner, safer and better place to stay. It was very desapointing. ”
- 24 Jan 2013 DANIELA Brazil